White Oak Farm & Education Center offers two unique farm and nature-based field trips: day trips and overnight stays. The visits are designed to help children develop connections between their food, their local ecosystem, and our shared agricultural heritage. Our goal is to serve the students and communities in Jackson and Josephine counties.
We have been leading FarmSchool field trips since 2002, and have hosted over 300 classes at the farm. Day Trips and Overnight Stays are funded by grants, contributions and program fees. We work hard to give every student and class an opportunity to come to the Farm without the worry of cost and expense. Our programs fill up fast and space is limited so please contact us well in advance.
We invite school groups to the farm during the spring and fall seasons:
Spring field trips are available February – May.
Fall field trips are available September – November.
- Animal husbandry
- Seed sorting and planting station
- Compost making or worm bin exploration
- An exploration of our ponds
- Harvest and tasting the six-plant parts
- Healthy eating and nutrition
- Pressing apples and drinking apple cider
- Forest hike and native plants identification
- Educational Games
- Harvesting and cooking from the fields
For more information or to sign up contact: firstname.lastname@example.org